Job Ref: 1905 - Assistant Office Manager - City - £35,000 - £45,000 pa
Our client has become the UK’s No.1 rated home insurer. Their best in class service levels, aligned with their proprietary technology and passionate team of people, have also resulted in them being one of the UK’s fastest growing home insurers.
Their London office is where the behind the scenes magic happens and is home to all the developers and support staff who help make the brand run smoothly. It is a dynamic and collaborative environment with an exceptional team of experienced professionals. As a result of continued growth they will be relocating to a new office in early 2020.
Who are you?
You will have the following key skills:
- Credibility, and an ability to be an effective ambassador for the organisation;
- Strong communication and organisational skills;
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills;
- Superb attention to detail, and thorough administrative skills;
- Demonstrable ‘people’ skills and a positive approach to problem solving;
- Works successfully using own initiative and as part of a small team;
- Excellent literacy and numeracy;
- Discretion, confidentiality and sensitivity;
- Self-motivation, commitment, enthusiasm;
- Ability to work calmly under pressure;
- Flexible – on occasion you may need to stay late or come in at the weekend for our of hours work.
- Job Spec
- Responsible for the maintenance and on-going development of London office space;
- Provide project support to the EA/Office Manager with impending office move;
- Devise and maintain office systems and records, including data management and filing;
- Build and maintain supplier relationships, handling office maintenance, liaising with suppliers and contracted service providers to ensure the smooth running of the office;
- Responsible for all health and safety compliance onsite, including that of third party services providers and maintenance records.To ensure the fabric of the building both externally and internally is maintained and serviced to a high standard in accordance with the management contract and agreed budgets;
- Set up and maintain a suitable PPM schedule for lighting, emergency lighting, power and air conditioning units under company’s control;
- Liaise internally with stakeholders to understand the short-term, medium-term and long-term requirements of the offices are fully understood and planned for accordingly;
- Ensure that London office security processes are clearly defined and implemented including the issue and management of access passes, keys/fobs;General accounting duties for related office expenses: approving invoices, processing credit card charges etc.;
- Produce management data and information across operations, finance, compliance, HR, learning & development;
- Document production including general correspondence, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Arrange meetings, conference calls, worldwide travel and accommodation as and when required;
- Event Support (breakfasts, lunches, team events) both held in-house and externally;
- Oversee the meeting room facilities to ensure they are functional and fit for purpose;
- Undertake other ad-hoc projects and administrative duties as required.
- Assist the Office Manager with the recruitment process; issue offer letters, contracts, appropriate follow-up and employee onboarding/offboarding processes.
- Support contractors process, including obtain weekly timesheets and monthly invoices;
- Maintain staff data and personnel files, ensuring that they are current at all times;
- Ensure recruitment contracts are signed off in accordance with negotiated fees and filed appropriately.Maintain holiday and sickness absence records and produce reports;
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3 years proven facilities/office management experience;
- Advanced standard of English and Maths;
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office Suite;
- Experience of working successfully within teams and on own initiative;
- Analytical with strong attention to detail;
- Solid administrative skills, adept at setting up processes and procedures from scratch;
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload and juggle a multitude of tasks with ease;
- Proactive approach to work and a strong work ethic.What we can offer
- Fantastic working environment
- Long term and stable career in a progressive environment
- Competitive benefits package: up to 25 days holiday, death in service benefit at 4x salary, breakfast, fresh fruit, refreshments, pension*, private healthcare* which includes discounted lifestyle benefits such has half price gym membership and cinema tickets. Season ticket loan*, discounted events tickets at the O2 arena* and much more.
- *denotes benefit available after successfully passing probationary period