We don’t advertise all of our vacancies (some of our clients like us to recruit confidentially), but here are some of our current opportunities. If you are interested and think that you have the necessary experience and skills, please feel free to apply. We will let you know whether your application has been successful as quickly as possible.
If you are registered with www.secsinthecity.co.uk, you can apply through their website too, alternatively just click the apply button below the advert and send us your CV.
Our client is a Private family investment office looking for a bright, well-educated team player who can support the MD and help with the smooth day to day running of a busy office.
Focussed mainly on high-end, luxury property development and investments, this small team of about 12 are based in a luxurious recently refurbished and COVID-safe environment in the heart of the West End.
You don’t need to have experience in all of the responsibilities below – the hope is that you will learn and develop in the role with the support of the MD and the Chairman’s Executive Assistant.
You will, however, need to be intelligent, a quick learner and full of enthusiasm!
PRIVATE PA TO MD
• Travel and vacation research including visas / flights / accommodation etc
• Assisting with personal admin relating to private household - including health insurance / suppliers / maintenance / appointments
• Dealing with charity donations and events
• Ad-hoc personal support
• Liaise with managing agents, letting agents, tenants and contractors to deal with property issues, including repairs, refurbishments and general issues
• Organise quotes and analyse / suggest proposals for property projects and improvements
• Negotiate with contractors and suppliers to ensure value for money / efficient solutions to property issues
• Act as the main “go to” person in the office – allowing access to the building / directing enquiries as appropriate
• Organise social parties / team events
• Assist with the onboarding of new starters – organising email access/liaise with Accounts Dept
• Setting-up for internal/external meetings
• Monitoring stationery/kitchen stocks and placing orders as required
• Keeping up to date on office contracts, researching new companies and arranging new contracts when expiry close to date, ie cleaners, office supplies etc
• Liaising with IT company when staff have issues with PCs or mobile phones / phone line maintenance
• Monitoring the building and deal with any maintenance issues and related contracts – to include plumbers, builders, alarm company, cleaners etc
• Maintain office security – monitor and allow visitor access to the building
You will ideally be educated to degree level with some office experience. You will need lots of common sense, the aptitude and attitude to pick things up and to learn quickly, and the gravitas and assertiveness to deal with a range of different people.
You will need to demonstrate excellent office skills including Outlook, Word and Excel, coupled with a highly organised approach to your work, and the confidence to make decisions or ask questions when you are unsure.
Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Are you interested in technology innovation, automation, AI, and the future of work?
Our client is the largest global professional services firm specialising on this enterprise automation sphere. They have offices in the United Kingdom, United States, Poland, Latin America and India.
They are looking for an Executive Assistant / Administrative Assistant to work closely with their UK leadership to help them scale. It’s a great fit for someone who is smart, a team player, eager to work hard and drive results within a dynamic environment. It’s a role with lots of career development potential. Help them to shape and grow their culture and processes.
You’ll work in a dynamic and flexible environment where the day to day role could range from booking international flights for C-level leadership, to planning a company retreat, to managing the marketing database, to pitching in and editing a presentation slide deck, to countless other possibilities. As they continue to grow, the focus and priorities of the role may change. They are looking for someone who’s proactive, always thinking multiple steps ahead about what should be done and how to do it better.
Executive Assistant to CEO
Executive Assistant to C0O
Executive Assistant to CTO
Finance, Sales and Marketing Support
Office Support- when we are back in the office
Based in South London, our client is looking for an experienced PA to support the COO. This is a maternity cover contract, starting third week of April 2021.
To provide efficient administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer across a variety of disciplines, including direct management of staff accommodation and projects as required.
Delegated Direct Responsibilities
• Executive support to the COO and development of effective systems to improve operational administration
• Management of the COO’s diary and outer office
• Customer support and liaison on behalf of the COO with the College community
• Budget management for key central purchase areas such as professional services, staff accommodation, rentals, insurances
• Monitoring of departmental budgets on behalf of the COO
• Management and administration of College staff accommodation, including tenancy agreements and inventories and tenant liaison; handling all property-related queries and external residential lettings
• In liaison with the Maintenance Department, responsibility for the maintenance schedule of staff accommodation properties and condition assessments
• Management and development of small, ongoing contracts as delegated by the COO
• Under the oversight of the COO, management of day to day insurance matters for the College, including liaison with brokers, claims management and annual renewals
• Management of day to day leasehold matters with the Dulwich Estate
• Maintaining accident records and ensuring effective accident reporting, including preparation of Health & Safety reports to governors on behalf of the COO
• Maintaining the record of authorised College drivers and ensuring appropriate and relevant driver training for those driving College vehicles
• Responsibility for and control of issue/return of high value College property (the silver safe)
• Secretarial support to DCEL Board meetings
B. PERSON SPECIFICATION
• At least 5 years working in administrative roles
• Experience of a pressurised business environment
• Working in a team and independently, with limited supervision
• Experience of executive support at a senior level in an operations -based business
• Not essential but ideally, experience of business administration software and systems especially Microsoft 365
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a diverse range of clients
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, both in person and via all forms of media
• Competent use of standard computer packages to include the entire MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc)
• Working within team environment as part of a department and across other disciplines
• A quick learner and self-starter
• Outstanding, self-effacing ambassadorship in representing the COO, his values and priorities to a diverse and demanding community
• Effectively prioritising a busy diary and a varied workload to meet demands and deadlines
• Excellence in managing upwards and the ability to influence the COO’s decision-making and prioritisation of tasks
• Excellence and sensitivity in managing others’ demands on the COO’s time; knowing how and when to interrupt and give access: an effective ‘gatekeeper’
• To act on own initiative within specified boundaries
• To be proactive in pursuit of work to its completion
• To work equally well on own and in liaison with others
• A commitment to and interest in promoting high standards of work in keeping with the values of the department
• Relentless energy and positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
• Willingness to ‘muck in’ and get their hands dirty as necessary
• Willingness to take on as well as generate new assignments and ideas and run with them
• An awareness of own limitations and when to seek advice
• Well-developed people skills and a good communicator
• Organised, efficient, comfortable with routine
• Flexible and adaptable
• Able to work unsupervised but not in a silo: able to manage business on a daily basis but also to recognise and highlight issues to the COO before they turn into crises
• Absolute confidentiality and discretion
• Strong influencing skills: an influencer/persuader more than a director
• Comfortable with some degree of ambiguity in role, able to carve out his/her own ‘job- space’
• Able to manage straightforward budgets
• Good sense of humour and cheerfulness
C. OUTLINE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Salary Scale: Generous salary package subject to skills, qualifications and experience.
Working Year/Hours: Fixed term for up to one year (maternity cover). Full-time, full year position based on 37.5 hours per week. Normal working hours are 08.30 to 17.00 excluding one hour’s unpaid break.
No. of Days Holiday: 20 days per annum plus bank holidays.
Benefits: Membership of the Sports Club. Defined contribution pension scheme. A free meal is available at lunchtime in the College dining hall on weekdays.
References: The appointment is subject to receipt of references satisfactory to the College.
Police Clearance: The appointment is subject to police clearance as required by law for the protection of children and to compliance with proof of identity and addresses over the last five years in accordance with the stipulations laid down by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Probation Period: 6 months, with an interim review after 3 months at which time the position will be reviewed. In case of illness during the probation period, statutory sick pay only will be applicable.
Period of Employment (if applicable): One year maternity cover
Start Date: April 2021